START YOUR OWN BUSINESS COURSE FOR OVER 50'S (3 DAYS)
This programme is designed specifically for people over 50 years of age. It aims to make the participants aware of what is involved in starting their own business in Ireland. It is a practical course aiming to assist participants start their own business and/or to assist participants to decide whether to start their own business.
Date: 20th August 2019
Over the 3 days, you will learn about:
- Market Research - Is there an opening for your business and customers willing to buy from you?
- Business Structure - Should you be a sole trader, a limited company or even part of a partnership?
- Business Planning - A good business plan is necessary before you can apply for funding or a loan from your bank. We will outline what it takes to create your own business plan.
- Sources of Assistance - We will tell you about the supports for SME's from the Local Enterprise Office and other sources: funding you might be entitled to, training we can offer to help you or your employees upskill, or access to an expert advisor to help you grow.
- Taxation Issues for Start Ups and Business Structure specifically for over 50's - As a business owner you will need to understand income tax, VAT and possibly corporation tax. Taxes can be complicated and overwhelming, so we will help you understand the basics to get yourself set up the right way from the beginning.
- Promoting your Product/Service - Marketing is costly and time-consuming if it is not done right. We will explain the most effective marketing channels for small businesses - many of which are free!
- Managing your business - Business leaders produce results, and to do this, they need to manage people, resources, processes and money. We will outline the basics of business management for a start-up SME.
Also you will get a valuable one to one mentoring session at the end of the course to help you get through the next steps in your particular business, or avail of supports you might be entitled to.
This course is FREE of charge to participants on Job Seekers Allowance or Job Seekers Benefit.
If interested, please contact the Local Enterprise Office on 057-9357480 or visit the website HERE